Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Valves

Well so far people I have removed the fairings, gas tank, and radiator. I can't believe how much stuff you need to remove in order to do the valves on this beast. What ever happened to hydraulic auto adjusting valves??? Zook recommends you perform this procedure every 14000 miles. This is just crazy IMO.


Here is a picture of Yoshie right now. Very sad sight indeed. Makes me wonder if I am ever going to get it back together right!! 

As mentioned in a lot of the forums you need to be really careful with the valve cover bolts. They are made from really soft metal. I ended up rounding one off and barely got it out. I currently have the hex socket stuck in the bolt. I am done for the evening before I break something else!


I will definitely be very ginger with these bolts when torquing them down.

Front cylinder 

 Rear cylinder 

Eric is coming over tomorrow and we will finish the procedure. Always better to have 2 sets of eyes for these things...

2 comments:

  1. Yep, lots of stuff has to come off, even to just change out the air filter, much less the valve check procedure you're about to do. Good idea to stop when you did, things should have been clearer the next day I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this thread.
    Regards: Valve

    ReplyDelete