Thursday, January 8, 2015

Easy Peasy

Well I was ready for something easy for a change. So I decided to do the rear brakes on Yoshie as the original ones were shot. 


EBC brake pads seem to be rated highly on the Stromtrooper forums so I decided to order a set off Amazon. 


Be careful not to strip out that set screw that holds the brake pads in place!! Actually it just covers an Allen head bolt that keeps the brake pads in place.


Half way through!!


Job well done!!

The new chain from Sidewinder is due in the mail tomorrow and some misc parts from Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza. Next week is going to be a busy week!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love all the room you have to work with on those rear brakes? Question, will you adjust the wheel axle forward more before measuring chain for cutting? this to allow for more adjustment room later? I didn't think to do that before I put the chain on Yoshie and I always wondered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The manual states the chain should be 112 links. I cut it at 110 and it was too shortBefore i cut to 110 it was at 114 and it was too long to adjust. Thats what I get for nit trusting the manual!!

    ReplyDelete